A year-round destination, Yellowstone National Park offers wintertime ranger-led tours and programs. These tours help generate interest in the park’s distinct seasonal changes.
- Mammoth – Mammoth Hot Springs is located near the northern entrance of Yellowstone National Park. This area highlights unique hot springs formations, which emphasize massive travertine deposits. Ever changing, this area is a must-see for first time and annual visitors.
- Mammoth Snowshoe Discovery – This tour features a snowshoe trek through the park and is led by a professional park guide. Tours meet at the Upper Terrace Drive parking area, which is located a mere two miles south of Mammoth’s center. For winters that have less snow accumulation, this hike is held without snowshoes.
- Northern Range Ecology Talk – A premiere wildlife destination, the ecosystem has forever changed since the reintroduction of wolves. This tour meets at the Mammoth Temporary Visitor Center.
- Evening Program – Meeting in the Mammoth Hotel Map Room, this one-hour tour highlights the wondrous nature of Yellowstone’s breathtaking scenery, interesting cultural elements and natural wonders.
- Old Faithful – The most visited area in all of Yellowstone, Old Faithful is a predictable geyser, studied for decades by renowned scientists.
- Geysers Galore – This tour looks at the geothermal sites, highlighting various geysers. Major earthquakes and volcanic activity formed Yellowstone. This tour begins at Old Faithful, at the benches in front of this predictable geyser.
- Old Faithful Evening Program – Meeting at the Old Faithful Visitor Education Center, this program discusses the unique elements of Yellowstone’s geothermic activities.
- West Yellowstone – A must-see wonder, West Yellowstone is a historic area that highlights abundant wildlife.
- Snowshoe Walk – Held in the wintertime, this two-mile walk explores the Riverside Trail. Meeting at the West Yellowstone Visitor Information Center, snowshoes are recommended.
- Afternoon Talk in West Yellowstone – This ranger-led tour explores the cultural, natural and scenic wonders of this vast wilderness. The tour meets at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center, which is located in the city of West Yellowstone.
Yellowstone Holiday is a premiere Yellowstone RV campground. Located on the shores of Lake Hebgen, they offer an ideal location for West Yellowstone camping. This seasonal campground and RV park is open in the summertime.